Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivegottabite

Good Area Crankbait Lakes

6 posts in this topic

Judging from another post, there are some guys that get into pulling cranks once things warm up and the fish get more scattered. I'm not looking for spots on lakes or even your small honey hole lakes, but I was wondering what some of the area lakes are that are good for pulling cranks. Also, just a general idea on depth on some of these lakes and maybe the time of day?

I want to spend alot more time learning trolling this year so just looking for a few ideas to get me rolling. I tried Big C late last summer and caught a couple right away but that was it. crazy.gif

Some good trolling lakes would be Ottertail, Big C, Big Mcdonald, Rose and Long (vergas). Other than OT and Big C these walleyes might be anywhere from surface to 35 ft down. Electronics pay a big key in discovering depth. They might be suspended in 40 ft, might be 90 ft. Most of the time i wait until closer to sun down before i start searching for they walleyes. It takes some time to get this down, and i dont have it down.

OT and Big C are two of the best that I know of.

OT might be the best of all.

So is anyone going to be crankin during the full moon this coming weekend? I am itching to get out and have a few lakes in mind--- Big C and possibly Rose?

If anyone is looking to get out Friday night I will have a spot in my boat. I wouldn't mind hooking up with someone who has a little knowledge on either of these lakes. Drop me a line if interested motorhead327@hotmail.com

hawg-

Email has been sent.