• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ive lived in the area now for going on 4 years and since i have lived here i have gone fishing ZERO times. Growing up I had a pole in my hand every weekend. I have a 3 year old step son who I would like to introduce fishing to. I dont own a boat and was wondering if anyone would give me some areas where I could take him for some panfish from shore. Actually any place that has some decent fishing from shore, does not need to be panfish I guess. If anyone can help me out, id appreciate it, thanks.

SHEDFREAK32

Try the bridges by Fish and Island Lakes ,,rock bass and pan fish frequent the areas there along with an ocasional bigger fish ,,just keep your lines clear of the channel when boats want to go thru ,,,Good Luck

Randoid

All I can say is trial and error... Just experiment and test out different locations until you find one that works for you.

For sunnies you can't beat Chub lake in Carlton. They don't get big but you can catch(or at least a while back you could) a ton of the little buggers.

if you are just looking to catch fish to keep kids entertained, then go to the rice lake (Contact Us Please) and catch all the rockbass you want.