• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ever caught one? Ive seen 3 hooked in the same spot on the skin flaps next to the mouth, possibly foul hooked. One was near 25lbs estimated.

There are a few in the Minnesota River. They feed on plankton so fishing for them is hard unless you got REALLY small hooks grin.gif

This is a DNR photo of one sampled near Granite Falls I believe...

paddlefish04.jpg

I've seen a couple skimin the top by GraniteFalls,but in Texas & Okla.They catch them castin treble hooks weighted and snag them,never saw one taken but I guess they sight fish.

Here's some paddlefish my brother and girlfriend caught in the minnesota river, I wasnt lucky enough to hook any. The top one was the 25lber. Signs of a cleaner river ahead.

IMG_0274.jpg[/image]

IMG_0268.jpg[/image]

This fish was not injured and was released succesfully.

There out their! It would be a mile stone to get one. Another notch in my belt. Nice fish!

YOu could head to western ND towards Williston were they have an open season for about a month to snag paddlefish. Not uncommon to hook into some reall monsters. I have not ventured out there but friends have and they say it is a blast. There are companys there that will clean you fish for free if they get to take the eggs. Good deal for all. Limit of One fish per person per year I beleive with controlled harvest of only so manyfish per year.

I had the opportunity to fish these fish in SD last year. Simpliy awesome. You are correct, rip a trble hook through the water with a 6-8 oz sinker. When you bury the hook, hold on. I had one almost take the rod right out of my hand. It feels like snagging a sunk car. I caught nine the one day I fished. My arms were so sore the next day.

Slab

slabberknocker, how many years did you try for the license to get through? We tried last year but weren't picked in the lottery. I'd love to give that a try!

rrAngler, lets hear the story, how'd you catch them? Looks like some extreme river fishing conditions to me.

I got a tag my first year applying. You can also apply for a non-res. Nebraska tag. You can fish either side of the river with a SD or Neb. tag.

Slab