Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sartell Angler

Diamond 5/13 - 5/15

5 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on Diamond lately for crappies or 'eyes? I heard that the crappies were biting recently but am unsure exactly where. Also wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the walleyes. Making my first trip out there of the year and would appreciate any help.

Later guys,

SA/wdw

Sartel I may be able to put you on some crappies.MAY!What boat ya in?start trying half way across in the middle,out from the county landing on the east shore,working west to the long point.If its not too windy I'll be out Tues-Wed. 14'aluminum with a white small Johnson may be with the lady may not depends on weather.

forgot to check for responses before we headed out...

needless to say the wind really limited our options with my little camo 14 footer w/ 9.9 johnson.

got up right before dusk on sunday night and caught a ton of perch, bass, and crappies right off the dock for about an hour...threw everything back.

got on the lake yesterday (monday) and realized I could only fish the west end because of all the wind...didn't find any walleyes. Fished the evening off the north side in about 6 feet of water...no walleyes, not even a bite.

Didn't even try this morning because of the wind...left around lunchtime.

Looking forward to memorial day weekend when we might make it up there again. I'll drop you an email a day or two before we go and touch base w/ ya. Hopefully the 'eyes will have their feed bags on in the shallows by then.

SA/wdw

Has anybody been havin any luck this week, would like to get up around the area and try fishin for anyhting

Its so windy I havent seen anyone on Diamond,I wont go out if I cant control boat.Winds been over 20 mph since last Mon.