Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deadminnowcatcher

Wow what an opener

14 posts in this topic

4 of us fished for 4 hours and got our limit of eyes and a few bunus perch and crappies. By far the best opener in years for us.

21 carp and 10 buffalo; all with the bows. lake artichoke and lake oliver. it was easly pickings on oliver; the buffalo are spawning in 4-24 inches of water. and it appears that the carp are trying to eat the buffalo baby batter. pictures will be posted in new thread soon!

was it a secret lake??

What lake dude??

I'm glad you did better than I. The Mrs and I spent the morning trolling Lime lake looking for snot rockets. They hid real well and we got the skunk. We went home for a while and later in the afternoon we tried a hour or so on Shetek. All we got there was one bullhead but bullheads don't count so we got the skunk there too.

post your email boilerguy and i will get you and the mrs the details.

I don't think it's a serect anymore. I beleive I was on the same lake. We had two limits in couple of hours with some nice perch. I counted 65 boats on the lake at one time.

I FISHED THE LAKE IN WORTHINGTON IN THE MORNING. THEY BITE WELL TILL THE SUN CAME OUT ABOUT 11.00 WENT TO ROUND LAKE IN THE AFTER NOON LOTS OF SMALL FISH BUT CAUGHT A FEW KEEPERS AFTER DARK. PINK JIG WHITE GULP. MY GO TO BAIT

Sounds like some of you had a pretty good opener. I fished saturday night for catfish and lost a very nice flathead. The only problem we had was those dang eyes wouldnt leave our bullheads along.

Talked to a couple this morning that was on the same lake that deadminnowcather was on I would guess. They were off the lake with a two person limit yesterday morning by 10:30 a.m. The lake is exactly the one everyone thinks it is. No surprise to anyone that has fished more than ten minutes in southwest Minnesota. She'll be rolling out there today.

Four of us got or limits on a lake not called sarah. But father and law and a couple others were on sarah and got there limits. So how was it fighting all them boats. The lake I was on only had 6 the whole time I was there.

sounds like good time had by all! I was on a lake by myself, with kids today, 26 walleyes from 16-18.5 inches in two hours. All released. By far a better than average opener. Brent

LOTW, were you on bingham lake by chance?

Great opener! Couldnt have asked for nicer weather and we caught our limit and each kept a couple for a meal... Biggest one went 22" and our average fish was right around 18"!

I cant say I was I did have a buddy there and he said it wasnt good 1 northern. But did hear from someone else it was good. I here loon did good 2