Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patriot_Eagle

East Metro Shore Fishing Spots

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for input from my fellow anglers on good shore fishing spots. I have 3 grandchildren that all have their own rods and reels, and their starter tackle boxes. I am looking for some good spots other than the public docks and piers, something where they can just sit on the bank and learn to fish. How about it, gang?

If you are from the ne metro West Rush Lake up in Chisago can be a wonderfull sunny/crappie shore spot. Try up on the the north end in the parks using crawlers/waxies with a small jig or plain hook on a wieghted slip bobber and you will be sure to catch something!! Good Luck!

I have caught sunfish at a number of spots in the east metro: Tanners Lake (near 3M) (has a playground for after fishing fun), Battle Creek Lake (just south across the freeway), Carver Lake (in Woodbury), Lake Elmo county park (also has a playground), Gervais Lake (near HW 36 in Little Canada), and Fish Lake (in Eagan). Also in Inver Grove Heights: City Hall Pond, Simley Pond, Lions Club Park (by 65th and Blaine, also has playground). Keep the worms, hooks and bobbers small. I have had the best bites near sunset (bring bug spray). Have fun!

Try Phalen, there is plenty of shore fishing in casting range of walley structure. The channel between the lakes is great for crappies and sunnies. If the kids get boared there is a playground with bathrooms. smile.gif

Quote:

I have caught sunfish at a number of spots in the east metro: Tanners Lake (near 3M) (has a playground for after fishing fun), Battle Creek Lake (just south across the freeway), Carver Lake (in Woodbury), Lake Elmo county park (also has a playground), Gervais Lake (near HW 36 in Little Canada), and Fish Lake (in Eagan). Also in Inver Grove Heights: City Hall Pond, Simley Pond, Lions Club Park (by 65th and Blaine, also has playground). Keep the worms, hooks and bobbers small. I have had the best bites near sunset (bring bug spray). Have fun!

I dont know about the other lakes you listed, but Lake Elmo is a terrible shore fishing lake in my opinion. I mean, it has a fishing pier and all, but there isnt very many fish. Even fishing off a boat is hard on Lake Elmo...