Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diesel

Canadian limits on Namakan?

4 posts in this topic

I received my Non-resident Canadian Sport fishing license in the mail along with their regulations book but I cannot determine from this exactly what the daily catch and possession limits are for Namakan. Does anyone know for sure what the rules are for the Canadian side of Namakan?

Thanks!

I don't have a current copy of their regs. but it should be covered under a border waters heading. Of course the type of lic. you purchased will also make a difference. Standard non-res. or conservation lic. Also, there should be a toll free number for you to call. Good luck. Old Sneller

From the 2005-2006 regulations which are still in force, see page 73. Namakan is in the section "Lake of the Woods and Remaining Lakes in Dryden and Fort Frances MNR Districts".

For a Non-Resident Sport License you can catch and retain in 1 day two walleye only one (1) greater than 46 cm (18.1 in.)with a possession limit of 4 where only one is greater than 46 cm (18.1 in)

For a Non-Resident Conservation License the Catch & Possession limit is two with only one greater than 46 cm (18.1 in.)

Remember that if you take a walleye over the 17 in. slot on the Canadian side of Namakan you must return to your campsite or resort by the most direct route and you may not fish in the US on the way. Also, on Namakan Canadian side a sauger = a walleye.

Good luck and remember no hazards are marked in Canada and there are lower unit biting rocks out there especially with the low water situation. Take care!

good info booter . i would add that you must also check u.s. customs or call in on you I68 pass.