Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyoldman

Changing hands

3 posts in this topic

Wow, I just looked at the calendar and it's opener weekend already. It really snuck up on me this year. I'm writing this to clear up some confusion and tension around the grumpy house. The perchmobile has changed hands. It has been handed down to my number one son, well he's my only son. So for you folks out there that have been calling Mrs. grumpy and telling her that the oldman has been riding around the lakes with a young brunette hanging out the window; you can stop that. It's not me. I have acquired a new mode of transportation. It started a couple of years back. I think it's called a mid-life crisis or something. Well, I bought this big ole motorcycle with a windshield and loud pipes and some sort of a charger thing on the carb that just about sucks my pants off if I get on the gas a little bit. I had to buy a pair of those leather pants without the butt just to keep my jeans on when I really get on the gas. Once in awhile I can even sneak out without the Mrs. and I don't have to wear my helmet then. I almost feel young again when the wind blows through my grey hair. I'm a little late this year getting the boat out and ready for opener. The hitch hasn't come in yet for the scooter. I'm not sure how that's gonna work with the 18 foot Alumacraft. It should trail pretty good. I won't make this weekend, but I'll see ya all next weekend. Fish safe and leave a fish for me.

When you get the hitch on that motorcycle, give me a call. I'll go fishing with ya just to see that Alumacraft in tow behind a motorcycle. grin.gif

If it makes you feel any better about missing the opener, I didn't get on any Minnesota lake this weekend either. Sounds like I really missed out on some good fishing too. I've got too much going on this coming weekend to get out either.

I'm afraid summer will be in full swing before I get out again. Ball season eats up a lot of weekends, but I just keep telling myself that I'll be fishing for many many more years after I can't play ball anymore.

Hey Wade,

Sounds good. You'll have to ride in the boat. You can not ride behind me. That just isn't right.