• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did your slowpitch softball leagues start yet?

CNY Tim

Most leagues around Mpls get up and running around the end of April / beginning of May. The league I play in started on May 1st, Tuesday nights also.

We have 6 games in so far, 3-3... Tough hitting the ball so far for us. shocked.gif Is there any tourneys going on down at Diamonds this weekend that someone would know?

We start Thursday and then the next league starts the following Tuesday.

Defense early hurt us last night an errors by everyone in the infield except for 3B extended a couple innings we should of been out of frown.gif

We lost 12-11... I batted 6th in the order and was 2-2 with a double, single, sac.fly and 3 rbi. Hopefully well fair better next game. My daughters had a great time and the oldest did the book for us. Good luck in your leagues guys...

Quote:

2-2 with a double, single, sac.fly and 3 rbi

LOL, Sac flies don't count in softball dude, you are 2 for 3

J/K but they shouldn't count. If you can't hit a can o corn to left field with a Runner on 3rd you really (are not good). Its a little different trying to lift a 95 mph fastball to the outfield. grin.gif

yet we are talking about blue collard workers relaxing after a day of work/life having a few adult beverages and most have not exercised in years.....to purposely hit a fly to score the guy in my book counts as a sac still but then we go back to the point of.......You keep stats in slow pitch softball!!! grin.gif

Every year 3 things I will track during the year.....1) how many at bats can I go before I get out to start the season...2) how many games can I go without an 0-fer in a game (no hits)...3) I always try to keep track of how many HR's I hit in a year but I usually lose track during the summer........every thing else I don't care about.....I decided to hit the other day with my team we have 14 hitters and I became the 15th but I got 2 hits so so far 1)2-2 2)1 3)0 i can't swing fully yet so this should be easy to keep track of!!!

Quote:

to purposely hit a fly to score the guy in my book counts as a sac still

I assume in softball the only time you would purposely hit a fly ball is bottom of seventh tie game. Then yes, it would be a sac.

OK, let's first define "softball":

12-inch with gloves

or

Chicago-style --- 16-inch without gloves

i played "competitive softball" for a few years (USSSA) and with a good pitcher I saw some good hitters look aweful trying to hit a fly to score a run in late innings.......you don't usually see someone try to sac in the earlier parts of the game cause you should be going for hits but even when not trying it would still be a sac right?

We are 4-4 so far this year. I made the schedule this year and I didn't schedule any cupcakes so we are happy with 4-4. We play your brothers team here in a couple of weeks. I keep telling him to come play for us. I think the average age on his team is 40+. Where and what nights you play on?

It finally happened last night, we beat are arch nemesis in our league after 4 years of getting trounced by these guys we won it in the bottom of the 7th, 18 to 17. Lousy night for me 2-4, double and a single with 4 rbi's. What made it worse was in the top of the 6th with two out and two on they had there big power guy up and he already went deep twice and he popped it up to me at 1st and I completely botched it in foul territory and on the next pitch he put it over the fence and they climbed within 4. When you get over 40 it's hard to pick up that ball in the lights. I felt like crap but we held on to get it done to even up the season at 1-1. Just throwing it out to you guys but have any of you guys swung the DeMarini Juggernaut yet, looking for opinions on it.

you guys only play one game a night?? i hear ya about the lights, but that is at any age it hapens.....when i was younger I knew that the first pop fly under the lights every week I would have a hard time judging but after the first one I never had problems..lucky me I guess.......

Jake- I play with stimmy and lockwood in zimm town on tues. nights...I just started swinging again...still can't throw but next year I have thought of playing baseball again. I was going to play on Eric's team but since I couldn't lift my arm at the time I declined......How many games do you play this year?

you guys only play one game a night??

Yep - That's all I have time for I coach a 10 and under girls fast-pitch team and I am also a ASA umpire so I'm pretty busy the rest of the week with working fast-pitch and slow-pitch games. The guys I play with are pretty hard core they all play like 4 or 5 nights a week, oooo to be a youngster again.

We play 34 games this year not counting playoffs. We usually go deep in state(probably just jinks us). So probably around 45 games. I don't know if I can put this on there but here is our website: www.hometeamsonline.com/stfrancissaints

You should play for us next year. We have a fun squad and you would have a good time.

I've never ever in my life intentialy tried to hit sac fly in softball. That just ain't right.

tim it seems you have a full plate there!! ha ha

jake-you guys play alot of weekends? if i can through again there would be some intrest in playing and I would rather play closer to home than where Eric plays for

bottomfeeder- I have purposely hit a sac and there are times it didn't happen for one reason or another..i.e. no hr's and hit it a little to far, pop out to short out field, or just miss it and hit a grounder....not always as easy as it seems!! grin.gif

We trounced last years runner-up last night 21-6. We put em away in the bottom of the 6th. 3-3 walk 5 bi's

Quote:

stimmy and lockwood

That wouldn't be chris and jon would it? If so, I went to school with those guys and also played a few years at RJ's. Also, played basketball with em'.

I was thinking today at work that it might be you. I was trying to figure out who of our group would be good enough to play "competitive softball" and I thought of you (among others). Then I figured the name ozzie.

I've been doing fine I gave up the softball about 7 years ago to do a fishing league with Noah S Pete's brother. Last year I played on a work team in Edina that was U-trip and did pretty well. I batted left handed last year. playing golf really screwed up my swing, and since I have no power....but it worked out great.

I married that girl I had a kid with in HS, we have 2 now and We live in St Francis. (The one that came to intramural basketball and softball)

How have you been?

Your name came up in a conversation about a week or two ago and we were like don't know what happened to him!!! Well now we know!!!!

We still play in Zimmerman league and that is actually the only one I am playing in....first time in many years that I am only playing 1 night and last year was the first in like 4 that I played in Zimmerman.....

I am now married to a girl I met from Coon Rapids and live in Zimmerman now....been married for 2 years.... tongue.gif No kids yet but hopefully soon.....I work with my old man in Elk River selling ins. and trying to find the next time to get out fishing!!!

It is kinda funny that I never read your bio but I have always read your posts and thought I might know you being in St. Francis....small world!!!!

Nice to hear from you Adam and we will have to stay in contact and maybe get together and do some fishing sometime!!!

Take care- David

for sure, I plan on hitting blue a lot. Last fall when I first got my new/used boat I went out there a few times solo during the vikes games. I usually go in the morning sometimes pretty early. Shoot me any email and i'll let you know if I'm going out there, If you're not busy we could meet up.

berg_adam yahoo

Quote:

It is kinda funny that I never read your bio but I have always read your posts and thought I might know you being in St. Francis....small world!!!!

Its funny, I've read your posts and thought you were....hispanic, and lived by blue lake

Did either of you guys play in that Zimmerman Day tourney two weekends ago?

Juan- wild west days......yep i was on a team there.....0-2 and Bar-B-Q just the way I like my memorial day tournament.....done early and ready to party!! Were you around Juan!!! Alot of good teams to watch up there!!

Berg- email sent....

Oz,

No, but a team from our league (Hassan Sand & Gravel) won it. I play on Thursdays in Albertville.

Hassan is listed as a D team, but they shouldn't be. They've beaten a lot of the B and C teams in our league this year.