Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benducklow

Middle Jefferson - tips for walleye?

8 posts in this topic

I'm planning on hitting Middle Jefferson for the opener and thought I'd see if anyone has any tips. Last time I went for the eyes but ended up slaughtering the freshwater drums! So if anyone is willing to share what baits work, etc, I'd appreciate it!

I didn't think middle Jeff had a great population of walleyes. Is middle the real shallow one or the long winding one with lots of structure? Either way I didn't think either had a very fishable population of eyes. I'd try German if your in that area personally.

Thanks for the reply riverat. I am pretty sure this is Middle Jeffereson but am not sure if this is the shallow one you are referring to. I think German lake is right across the road from it though...I've never fished it because most of the time its all mil foil and/or layered with weeds. I'll take any tips you would have on German though! Maybe I can talk the fellas I am going out with to try it over there.

Thanks,

The German Jefferson Chain goes in this order, German,East or Lower or Big Jefferson,Middle Jefferson then West or Upper Jefferson

Swedes bay is connected to East Jefferson,

Most people fish East or German for eyes, fish the weedlines inside and out, Never tried Middle as the average depth is 6 feet and full of weeds, to much hassle for me.

It must be East that I'm talking about then. Its the lake right next to German. Sorry for any confusion. Well Any tips, I'll take them!

Thanks again,

Jigs and minnows or jigs and leeches in shallow, edge of outside weedline is generally about 12-14 fow, i myself am going to try the inside edge of them in about 2 feet of water, thats what was working last weekend in Iowa, otherwise troll shad raps on the outside edge of the weeds,until you find them, im not expecting a great bite out there this year, theres alot of other lakes in the area that will be more productive, or do like most people and follow each other around grin.gif

from spot to spot, theres alot of deep rock bars out there that are not on the maps, so maybe give them a shot, although i think it's too early,

There are two bars on East Jefferson. I would start there.

Didn't have much luck with the eyes; didn't get a' one of them. Ended up getting some crappies in the shallows though. Thanks for the replies guys!