• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM MUSKIE GATHERING ON THE 'TRAP

OK guys this is gonna take place on saturday, yes i know holy cow its all ready August. the forth it is. We will be meeting at the access at 5:30 am. I am thinking we will do a fun tourny format for the interested, we will discuss the finer points of that at the access on that morning. so everyone who is in i need a reply unless you have posted earlier. and please post weather you have a boat or not and weather you have experience/gear to tackle these guys. Jonah

Tipp your in my boat, we will be using the south access, that is the one by the camp ground. if you have never been up there the access is on Jackfish Dr, its pretty well marked and if i get i wild hair i may no promises but i may make some signs that say FM MUSKIES and post them were you need to turn. Jonah

P.S. I can take one more in my boat so another inexperienced guy let me know.

i will be around bemidji this wknd i wld love to fish with u guys but is unsure abt my plan on sat as well.. i ll let u guys know as i m non boater with one muskie under my belt as well

I do have all my own equipment MB. Is room for 3 guys tossing muskie baits in the boat?

Hey Jonah if you still have that 3rd seat open I am in. Let me know. Fishing does sound better than cutting wood at the cabin. I really don't have too much for Muskie gear I have a few cranks and bucktails an one rod that should work ok. So let me know if there is room to join you.

I looks as if I'll have the time and I do have a boat. If its not too late for your scheduling. I've never fished mantrap for musky, but have done some on Leech years ago. I still have some gear too.

Fisherdog and I will be fishing out of his boat. I'll need a lot of room since I'll be using fly tackle, but F-dog can make the call whether or not there's room for a third.

I guide with the three in my boat alot, my self and two clients. so jason it looks like your in with me unless we need another boat. please post so we can figure these things out. Jonah

Sounds good. Like I mentioned earlier I do have a boat that could be used but I will be the first to admit I have no clue what to do when it comes to muskies. So I would rather hop in with someone that does.

well fishing the trap sounds like a good time but my bosses daughter had a brain anarisum and so I am going to the funeral. Well catch lots of muskies and have a safe time. P.S let me know how you guys do if you would.

I've been pretty "waffly" on this one the whole time and it looks like with good reason. I won't be joining in- 2 year old and a wife who's about ready to pop with Baby #2 will keep me from fishing anymore for a while. Good luck to all who make it!

ok, tippman asked me some good q's via email. we will start at around 5:30 and fish till around 3. bring some food of snacks, and plenty of water you need to stay hydrated. we are still planning on drinking some freshly brewed stuff following at zorbaz. if i am forgetting to answer any questions let me know. Jonah

I'm keeping an eye on the weather. If it is thunderstorms and windy (like they predict, 40%) Fisherdog and I may hang back and fish Big D. My fly rod would be grounded. I'll keep you guys posted.

good point i havent even looked at the weather, if it looks like it will be bad dont head up there. I will post on friday night if we are still on or not. if by chance you wake up and it is storming roll over and turn off the alarm. i will keep you posted. Jonah

I was gonna head up later this afternoon because of other plans but won't have a computer to check. If you post whether it's on or not in the next couple hrs I'll get it, otherwise Jonah could you please call me and let me know if it's cancelled. 320-309-9146 - Brian, Thanks

I am out too. I will be at my cabin by this evening. If it starts to rumble I won't be there. Otherwise I will see you fellas at the landing at 5:30 am.

So how did it go on Mantrap? Was raining all day in the cities hopefully you guys got some decent weather. Anyone happen to hook into a biggin?

Scoot I think we saw you on Detroit saturday morning fishing the sandbar. any luck? we just had a few follows and Peter had a couple surface strikes but nothing hooked. It was pretty windy for fly fishing.

I didn't see you guys out there- you shoulda swung over and said howdy. I was hooked up twice on Sat, but didn't land a fish. Saw one HUGE fish, but no dice with her. We had a buddy's little boy out with us and the goal was to get him to see a muskie and we at least accomplished that. Woulda been nice to put him in a pic with a muskie, but we'll have to get the done next time.

Did the muskie gathering happen this past weekend? What's the scoop? Muskybug... you out there?

Well if you want to call it a gathering yes. Lack of people for sure. It was Muskybug, me, Tippman, and Scorp1. So with that kind of turn out I would bet it will be highly unlikely there will be another one happening again. It was a beautiful day on the water. Fish weren't hungery but we saw quite a few and then went and had some fun at Zorbaz. Everyone should really try and make these events because they are really fun even if the fish don't bite. I alway have fun everytime a group of us gets together. But I just wish more people would show up and make it more fun.

"But I just wish more people would show up and make it more fun." Yeah, it would have been fun to go, but I figured you had way too many as it was. You were posting about fishing 3 to a boat and when I and someone else posted if it was too late to get involved, there weren't any sort of answers at all. Just more posts about if all 3 of you could get in one boat. I was wondering what was going to go on in there. lol. I figured there wasn't any room in the clique so we went to Leech and yes we done pretty good there.

Quote:

"But I just wish more people would show up and make it more fun." Yeah, it would have been fun to go, but I figured you had way too many as it was. You were posting about fishing 3 to a boat and when I and someone else posted if it was too late to get involved, there weren't any sort of answers at all. Just more posts about if all 3 of you could get in one boat. I was wondering what was going to go on in there. lol. I figured there wasn't any room in the clique so we went to Leech and yes we done pretty good there.

All you would have had to do was show up that is all it takes to get involved. You never mentioned having any room either just that you had a boat and gear. Someone would have fished with you if there was room. I offered early on to provide a boat and fish with someone and I didn't receive one response. Oh well

Pretty typical for this sort of thing. In my own defense, I made it clear that I was iffy from the beginning- 8 1/2 month pregnant wife forced me to be waffly. I'm pretty rock solid when I commit to something like this. However, this sort of thing happens all the time. Lots interested, few show. Jason, you know how that works. Frustrating...

Quote:

Pretty typical for this sort of thing. In my own defense, I made it clear that I was iffy from the beginning- 8 1/2 month pregnant wife forced me to be waffly. I'm pretty rock solid when I commit to something like this. However, this sort of thing happens all the time. Lots interested, few show. Jason, you know how that works. Frustrating...

Ya I know your deal Scoot and I know you would have been there under different circumstances. Yes I do know how it works as well so I wasn't overly suprised. But what the heck I still have a good time and fished with a couple more new people and to me that is the point of this site meeting new friends that enjoy doing what I like to do as well.

...I still have a good time and fished with a couple more new people and to me that is the point of this site meeting new friends that enjoy doing what I like to do as well.

Zactly!!! wink.gif