Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Wading the River

5 posts in this topic

First weekend of june I was thinking about hitting up the clearwater access on the mississippi...is that a good place to throw on the flip flops and walk up and downstream for smallies and walleyes? Any good catfish holes nearby?

There are a ton of channel cats in the upper sippi. Not many are huge like the MN river, but there are a lot and some that will push 10 lbs or more. However, I've never been to the clearwater launch.

Not too many bass in the clearwater area, but I'm sure some are there. It's really sandy there, maybe more of walleye water? Don't know I'm a bass guy. Good luck

Not a great area to wade lots of sand flats which are easy to wade but pretty lousy for big #s of fish. I think I've waded it 2x's not gonna do it again.

Good to know, glad you told me this before I wasted a day there...where is a good place in the st. cloud area I could do some wading for smallies?

There is a ton or water to wade between the Sartell Dam and the St. Cloud State Dam. Lot of nice smallies to be had along with a few walleyes fixed in. There is a lot of waer below the St. Cloud State dam that can be waded as well. Drop me an e-mail ben_ray[at]yahoo.com an I could give you a little more info about accesses/spots to start if you want.