Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CC Rocks

Round Lake predictions

3 posts in this topic

I would like to hear if anybody predicts that Round Lake will come around this season and produce some eyes. It was a bust for me last season.

I think Round has been hit so hard in recent years that it's going to take a few years to recover. I have very low expectations this year. The low water is a good thing, IMO. It's makes it very hard to get anything over a 16' boat into Round thus keeping pressure down.

I agree that Round will improve but it will take time. We have the Winnie resort owners to thank. When the slot went on the big pond, the "tourists" complained about the size restrictions. They were directed to Round since there was no slot there yet. I saw the sudden increase in non-resident boats on our little lake. Once the slot was imposed on Round, this traffic disappeared. Don't misunderstand; I'm defiantly not "anti-tourism". That is what supports all the local businesses. Slot limits work! I would rather catch fish all day and have to "work" for a few keepers for the skillet than work all day to catch anything at all. Keep what you need...the rest are for seed! Those big hen walleyes aren't good table fair and make lots of little walleyes. Let 'em go.