Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Finlander

Camp fires OK?

Finlander

Just wondering with the fire restictions if contained camp fires are allowed? confused.gif

Finlander

that was my post #666, the devil made me do it! grin.gif

Nutty Fisherman

In the paper the dnr said yes you can still have camp fires. But I would ask a fire warden in your area to make sure.

stmichael

Just make sure you drink plenty of beer just in case it gets a little outta hand. shocked.gif (strange brew) grin.gif

slipperybob

Would that be an attended fire or unattended one?

Don't walk away for even a few minutes...

Northlander

If your heading up by us the answer would be no fires even contained. They are saying to be careful with camp stoves. Its a red flag around here almost daily and as you probably know the Gunflint Trail has a huge fire going.

Check with the DNR in the area your going to.

Scott K

In nw wisconsin,there is a fire ban. No camp fires, no outdoor grilling, no outdoor smoking, no atvs, no chain saws. With a hefty fine if caught doing so. Atleast that was from the last 2 weekends I have been up there, dont know if they lifted it yet, but with the temps we are having I dont think they did?

Gus

Depends on where you will be. In the area described below you can't even burn charcoal for grilling.

Additional Burning Restrictions Imposed (2007-05-06)

Further burning restrictions from the Department of Natural Resources will go in place for Cook, Lake and that portion of St. Louis county north of County Rd 16 on Monday, May 7 at 8:00 am.

Under these more restrictive restrictions the following are prohibited: No burning permits will be issued except for special exceptions issued by State or Federal agencies having suppression responsibilities.

Recreational fires are not allowed, except gas and propane fired camp stoves, grills or similar devices. No charcoal permitted.

No welding, acetylene torches or other devices with open flame allowed in forested areas except under special permits.

Use of fireworks and explosives in municipalities will be under control of municipalities.

Smoking outdoors is permitted. PLEASE USE CAUTION!

MikeYager - Suzuki

Last weekend the DNR signs up by Spooner said no fire of any kind including cigs.