Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riversmallmouth35

Panfish

8 posts in this topic

I know all of you are going out for the walleyes/northerns this weekend but I was wondering if the panfish have been biting good still. How deep are you guys finding the crappies in? I haven't found any good crappie fishing this year yet.

Well I can't wait for the real opener (bass opener) to come. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for any help.

On our lake the crappies are just starting to move in shallow and building nests. It should only get better in the next few days.

Please, please, please, throw some crappies back. Keep enough for a meal for your family...not the neighbors and the grandparents and the 2nd cousins and the old couple down the street. I know most of you are responsible but I just had to add this.

Thanks and good luck fishing.

Nels

good post NelsBels!

I graduate on Saturday from SCSU but tomorrow will be COMPLETELY devoted to chasing crappies and sunnies on one or more area lake as well as trying my luck hunting for some morel mushrooms. Will be a welcome change from working and studying for / taking finals.

Good luck to all this weekend.

SA/wdw

monster pumpkinseeds in the shallows at pleasant. but it is has come time to go after some bigger fish for me...good luck where-ever you go

thanks, we ended up doing well on sunnies and crappies...fish were real shallow and very hungry. Great day to be on the water. Unfortunately the 'shroom hunting was unsuccessful.

i cant vouch for this year but the last 2 years lake ann in orrock has been great to us for pan fish, also caught some 5 lbs bass and a few northrens out of the lake.

how big are we talking here for monster pumpkinseeds? 9 inchers? 3/4 pounders?

That's a pretty big pumpkinseed. Early in the spring we were catching some that were topping out at half pound, and those were some nice looking fish. I caught them in my TOP SECRET spot and they were all released, so maybe next year they'll be 3/4 pounders. laugh.gif