Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BemmaB363

Bluffs Launch Hours

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and just found it last week or so. I've been reading a lot of the posts and this place seems great! I do have a question: I have been launching from the public access north of Stillwater for the past couple of years and am beginning to venture south. According to the state park rules it states that the park closes 1/2 hour after dusk. Does this include the Bluffs launch? I usually head out in the mornings, but like my share of night time fishing. I would hate to drive down there and not be able to launch and/or get a ticket if I'm parked there til midnight or something. Does anybody know how this works??

Thanks,

Bob

pretty sure it's 6am- 10pm. THere is a motion activated gate to let you out after hours.

Here is the link to the park's web site:

http://www.co.washington.mn.us/info_for_residents/parks_division/parks_and_trails/st_croix_bluffs_regional_park/#boat

Here's what the web site says about launch hours:

The park gates open at 6:00 a.m. for the boat launch. Boaters parked in the boat launch area have until 11:00 p.m. to vacate the park.

As youngie mentioned, there are motion-detection gates at the exit of the park, so you can get out...not sure if they ticket after 11pm, tho.

Great! Thanks for the info!

does anyone know how crowded the launch is at 6am i would like to launch here but have never,so any info would be helpful also how much the sticker is to get in i heard 26 bucks for the year.thanks in advance.fdr

I've never launched out of there on a weekend morning, so

I can't say. But I've seen 10-15 come out of there @ 6:15 -6:30 AM. I'm sure some are lining up on St. Croix Trail prior to the 6 AM opening.

The daily pass is $5 and the yearly is $25 (and $10 for for 2nd car if purchased at the same time as your first). I don't know if the office opens up that early which means you'll have to drop $5 in the paybox. Otherwise, you can go to any Washington County park that has an office building at the entrance and buy a yearly.

Last summer and fall I would get there about 5:20-5:30am to get in line and was usually 3rd or 4th in line

I was there right at 6:00 on Sunday and was fourth in line...

I usually get there around 5:45 am and I am almost always within the first five boats to launch. Some days are busier than others though.

I usually don't get a chuckle out of others peoples misery but I had to laugh Sunday morning -I was off the water by 10:00 am as always on Nice weekends and enjoy having the launch to myself so I can take my time loading up because of the first on first off rule when the lot is Full . I pulled up to the dock and there were 3 big boats with people sitting in them-strange I thought as it was about 85 degrees already and they looked pretty miserable. Here all three of them miscalculated the number of parking spaces available and launched their boats with out a spot to park - one of them were pretty happy to see me. As always there were about 10 trucks waiting in line when I drove up the hill-

I'm usually on the river two hours before that place opens the gate, sure is peaceful out there! cool.gif

hey walli what is the daily at hubs and is there an honer box, i want to go before 6 and dont want a crowd and dont mind paying so any info would be helpful.fdr

Hubs is 10 bucks and yes there is a honor box are you can just pay when you come in , I'll be there around 3:30 am in the morning cool.gif