• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody fish there this year! whats biting there now, any pannies! smirk.gif

I didn't know there were any fish below that dam anymore. When I was a kid it used to be great place to fish...I used to catch bullheads up to 2 pounds there, lot's of sunnies and crappies, big perch, lot's of hammer handles, and a few largemouths. Then 1 year, nothing! Then again the year after. Haven't been there since...and that's been about 10 years or so. Would be nice if it's been rejuvenated.

I have seen about everything caught there. A 10Lb Muskie and even a stringer of 5 decent walleyes. this has been about 2-3 years. I have never fished it myself but seen a lot.

It seems to me that its really shallow below

the dam. Theres better holes in that river might have to

wade to get to them but its well worth the effort.

Is Kost connected with the St. Croix somehow? A few years ago I caught a pretty big crap there with a long @ss lamprey stuck to it. Those lampreys are freaking ugly and scary. crazy.gif

The kost dam is on the sunrise river, and yes it flows into the st. croix. So yeah, there could be all kinds of stuff swimming around in there.