Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nellie30

Lake Lura question

5 posts in this topic

I am planning a trip over to Lura for opener next weekend & was wondering if anyone has any info on species in this lake...I have heard there are some nice size eyes is this true? also curious if there is a decent crappie bite going on over there. Appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

as for the walleye yes there are a few hogs in there not sure about the crappie population however, one other thing

lura lake is real weedy in the spring to the point where half the lake is choked out with weeds so i would question if its worth your trip there yet or not just a thought.

Hey luckycrank does it get weed choked this early? I wanted to try it this spring too. I know it's shallow and gets weedy but I figured I'd at least have a week or two after the opener.

Thanks ~piker

i guess what id would do is call daly park and ask them,how ever i have never been down htere before bass opener but it is usuallly a "hayfield" at bass opener

Had a blast fishing lura this winter... saw some beautiful fish come out of there. they were very spooky, had to stay still and couldn't fish in a house during the day. Saw many eyes come up drom 25-29".