Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DiverDan

Line Color

5 posts in this topic

In the fall I use a green colored line to blend in with the greeninsh water but I have never fished the lake in the spring as I just bought my cabin on Jacobsons point last Fall. The water looks clear to copper colored. Any suggestions to using a clear line or stick with the green. I am also looking for some Eye suggstions close to home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dan,

The green line works fine. I have been using it for years.

Not familiar with that area so cannot help you there.

Gary will be able to give you a few pointers though. Time of year also make a big difference.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff! This is my first opener on the big V. I have fished it for about 15 years now but always in July. Looking forward to many full years on the lake!

Dan,

Slip bobbers on old weed edges early and late in the day will get walleyes. Minnows are usually the best bait early in the spring, but leeches may work well this year with the water warming up so fast.

Cliff

We are going to be trying some new yellow bass pro line this spring. It has been working very well so far this spring in Illinois for crappie with no noticable affect on fish bite compared to the clear blue floresant we usually use. My dad and his buddies switched to it because they are having more and more trouble seeing the line for strikes. Vermillion is usually stained enough it should work alright.