• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opening day crowds

I have fished Kab and Nam for the past two years but have never fished up there on opener. One of the reasons I love those lakes is that it is not so over run with boats. I used to fish Vermilion on opener but in the past few years it has turned into "Lake Minnetonka North" so many people it drives me nuts! Can I expect the opener on Kab to be like any other weekend or is it packed as well?

I've spent the last two openers up there. There will be crowds around some of the spots like the Ash River enterance, Peterson Bay, Woodenfrog, etc... Last year we found a spot off the main trail that we sat and caught walleyes right under the boat in 8 FOW, probably had two boats in two days come within 300 yds of us.

If I get there early enough (6am) on sat morning should I be able to find a parking spot at wooden frog without a problem???

Ive never fished kab on opener.

The line to launch usually stretches for miles especially at 6 am. grin.gif Seriously though with the low water Woodenfrog is going to be more popular than normal as it is a deep launch. Another thing to consider is that there are going to be people coming up that normally would be "up the trail" except due to the fire are making last minute changes of plans.