• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi June 2-10

I will be staying at Rugged River resort the week of 6/2-6/9. Wondering if anyone can give me any info that might help on fishing this stretch of the river. I fish the St.Croix and Miss. south of Clearwater a lot. Just wondering about any areas to watch out for, upriver/downriver. Not looking for your honey holes, just something to get started. Thank you in advance.

I was out there on last thursday and we did great on gills and crappies. You will be staying right next to one of the best points on the river for all types of fish. Go out the little canal there and first point on the right. Usually always a boat there catching something. I've caught smallies walleyes pike and suckers and just about everything else that swims in a river on that point. As far as how far to go up when heading upriver there are huge wires over the river and just past those there is an oxbow called little rabbit lake also very good. a few miles past that you better start watchin the locator. Have'nt been up that far this year and i can't exactly tell you how far up you can go.

Thanks alot tengauge. I appreciate the info. Looking forward to the trip. I'll post how I do.