• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TURKEYS!!!! 346 Zone area????

theghost_03

I have hunted the 346 Winona zone area for 10 years now. Every year the other hunters with me have the discussion if it is better to be one top of the bluffs in the river valley or on the bottom. Every year I have hunted I have been fortunate enough to have some great ground on top of the bluffs. But every year it seems like the majority of the birds are halfway down or further. I was told by some of the hunters that it is easier calling them up than it is down. I did manage to harvest a nice 21 lb. tom this year. The amount of birds we do hear and see is unbeleivable however.?! But it seems like for the most part that the birds will work their way down more so than they will their way up the bluffs? Any one with any opinions would be great!! Thanks!!! GL everyone!!

I hunt the 342 Wabasha area, and every year my group and I have this same discussion, which is the best place to be, on top or down low? Luckily for us, we have both options. But the truth is every year I feel like it's different, if I had to create a loose opinion, I would say most of the birds I have seen fly down from the trees and work the top of the fields, go down the bluffs during the midday and afternoon periods, before making their ways back up the hills/bluffs to feed right before roosting. But like I said, this is very loose, as I have seen plenty of birds that don't adhere to this design...