Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnesotamusky

Wagonga Lake??

9 posts in this topic

My dad and I were wondering how the fishing is on Wagonga Lake? I've heard some good things about it and also some bad things.

I would suggest fishing it early before it gets weed choked. I've done pretty well in the past ice fishing.

Its been a popular lake for the ice anglers. Once the warmer temps come around the bullheads are no longer dormant the walleye fishing is a different story. You hear of very few success stories in the open water season.

Actually the water quality is so bad it really doesnt grow many weeds?!? But still id fish early if your going to fish it. Post how ya do.

I was out there a couple of years ago fishing pike during the summer and the weeds were right to the top even out in the middle of the lake.

Hey Wolf the lake to try in the area of Wakonga,is Mennetaga south shore.

Is there a boat ramp on Minnetaga? I looked and can't find any info on this lake......

Theres a rough landing on the county rd.smaller boats or light 16'.I heard the state was puttin in a landing it was marked last fall,but I have'nt been there since.

DNR did a summer survey in 2005 yielding one sample out of 86 that produced vegetation. The Survey was limited to areas of the lake less than 4 feet deep - if there ain't veggie in the shallowest parts of the lake, there ain't veggie anywhere.

Lack of veggie is due to large populations of carp that never seem to die off anymore. Why is that?

We were out there for a few hours on Saturday morning. Brother caught a nice walleye right away. I missed a couple. We moved on to a different lake after a few hours. I will be back this winter. smile.gif