• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

river out of potato lake

i will be staying on blue lake for opener. After looking at a lake map i noticed that there is a creek/river running into potato. can i get my boat thru to potato? also i heard on a post that there is a river that runs out of potato to eagle lake? and is eagle a decent lake? thanks for any replies

The stream between Potato and Blue isn't navigable. Going into Eagle is feasible but be wary, if the water level is low there are a few stretches with some big rocks and the boat can easily get hung up. Eagle's a good lake but then again, so is Potato.

thanks...i have never been to the lake,im looking forward to checking it out....from reading this forum i see that it is one of the more popular lakes in the area. any general advice would be appreciated.(depth,jig/lindy,worms,leeches,minnows) not looking for any specific spots. also, being that i am staying on blue lake. do you think it would be worth fishing? i heard its a tough bite, also i heard to fish it at night. thanks for any replies

I've spent time on both Eagle and Potato. The stream flows out of Eagle and into Potato. Be wary on the Potato side, there are a lot of rocks and boulders where the stream empties out. On the Eagle side there is an old wooden foot bridge that is mostly submerged but you can get through. Be careful if the water is low.

thanks guys, i spent my first opener on potato. i never made it to eagle. I found plenty of structure on potato to keep me busy. managed 3 eyes the biggest being 20 inches. the rockbass ate all my bait. i caught one rockbass on a 3inch shiner, biggest rockbass i have ever seen. the state record is 2lbs and 13.5 inches. i didnt measure but this fish was very close to that. im sure people have caught bigger, and could care less. very fun opener

I'm sure there are a few state record rockies in Potato. I've caught plenty of big ones there. Once you start catching them you may as well move because that school will take all of your bait. Glad to see you got some action. It can be a pretty intimidating lake, when you look at a map and all you see is structure and you don't know where to start. confused.gif

Friends dad boated a 29.5 inch eye on yesterday using lindy rig with jumbo leeches. So thats what I would try.

how is the summer bite compared to the spring. this spring i stayed in shallow water. is it harder to find the eyes in the summer being that they may move to deeper water?