Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uffda fishing

Potato Lake?????

6 posts in this topic

We are going to be staying at North Beach Resort. Can anyone tell me if it's nice. Is it pretty shallow around the resort? I seen RobertELee say in another post that there are some rocks you have to worry about. Is that by North Beach resort?

Is it a easy lake to fish? What color jigs work best?

Thanks in advance.

Check out a lake map before you come up. The shallow rockpiles are all usually marked before opener. I would check closer to when you are coming to see what color is producing, but from my experience color doesn't matter as much on potato as presentation. Talk to the guys at delaneys and northern bait and see what is producing. It is a very fun lake to fish, just stay near some structure and you should be okay.

Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about the resort I asked about? I imagine the two places you told me to ask are bait shops? In Park Rapids?

Thanks again.

yes sir they are both in P.R. if you stop by northern bait ask for Jonah, thats me and i will do my best to point you in the right direction and mark up a lake map if you bring one in. laters Jonah

Hey Guys,

I'm just curious how everybody did on Potato for the opener. I was out on Sunday for a couple of hours and didn't

catch nothing.

hooked 1 on sat lost 2 sundat just one nice smallie pretyy tough going were i was at