Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brickhouse

Horseshoe Chain

7 posts in this topic

My in-laws have had a cabin on the chain for quite a few years. We have had decent luck with Walleye the past 3-4 years and those cats are a blast. I do have a question about night fishing. I know that clear lakes are usually much better for night fishing walleye, but I was curious if anyone has had any luck with walleye at night on the chain? If so, what are the best areas to focus (not being to specific of course). Thanks for any insight.

In my experiece early in the year is alright at night for walleyes. But the chain and it murky water even if you factor in boat traffic is still a good day bite fishery. Last fall I was on a hot bite that shut off once it turned completly dark. I have although caught some with a crawler at night fishing cats. But if you want the spot to yourself being a master of the night is best. After opener that is!!!!

Thanks Eric.

Anyone have any luck on opener weekend?

Quote:

Anyone have any luck on opener weekend?

A friend of mine said he and his dad got a bunch of little walleyes on Saturday.

I just got the same report from my buddy, small ones.

The horseshoe chain has alot of stained water and you will definately find a more consistent day bite over night time action but a few can be had at night. As stated there is a strong class of 10-12 inch fish being caught right now and I hope people are releasing them for the future. There are some nice fish to be had, I CPR some 22-23 inchers last night.