Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Burgundy

Crappies from shore?

8 posts in this topic

What's the best place to catch some crappies from shore right now?

I think you'd do just fine about anywhere you go. I did well on Willow a few days ago. Kalmar is hot as well. I've got to believe gamehaven, CC Manor Pits, and Foster will have crappies relating to shore at this time of year. I might check one of those out tonight.

Silver Lake is putting out lots of fish as well.

Thanks for useful info. Hopefully tomorrow after work.

Are the panfish currently spawning? They must be. I couldn't avoid catching them at Kalmar wednesday night. Everything I threw at them worked! Literally everything. I guessing I caught nearly 50 fish, 750 gnats and a tick.

Hey Ron,

Any size to them? The crappies that is... Not interested in the size of the gnats or ticks.

Took my kids to K7 last night and we caught over 100 in 2 hours. Crappies, sunnies, bluegills, and perch. All were smaller and released and all I did is take them off the hooks. Naked mini-mite cast from shore produced a fish on 95% of the cast. Looking to drag the canoe out there and fish deeper water soon. Word of caution- stay out of the tall grass, the ticks are thick. We have been picking them off since we got home.

Fish Hammer

Nice report Fish Hammer. It's a blast out there.

I think a canoe would be a blast out there and I'd like to try it as well sometime. As far as finding deeper water goes, its only gets maybe 10' most of which is near the dike and can be reached from shore (I know this from ice fishing out there). Good Luck and thanks for the report

BTW, Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com

4 of them were about 7-8 inches.