Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackbas

shore fishing on buffalo along the road.

9 posts in this topic

Every time I drive by Buffalo in the evening I see people sitting in lawn chairs with lines out, no bobbers rods propped up. like people do when they are fishing the river for walleyes. What are these guys fishing for??? I know walleyes like to spawn in gravel areas, no accusations, just a hunch?

Sounds like a catfish tactic to me. Buffalo have catfish in it?

There are a few catfish in there, but there are many panfish to be had along the shorelines of Buffalo. The north and south ends are best.

carp???

There are no shortage of those either. laugh.gif

It is a good time of year for carp from south or north shore, weight something dead to the bottom and you will find them. And they are getting BIG. The little channel cats are all over the lake, midlake and near shore, too. They are becoming pesky.

I have chatted with several of these people. They are fishing for catfish. I have seen some of these fish, they are worth the time, if your looking for some fun. Biggest so far 12lbs.

But you will catch alot of bullheads at the same time.

That Makes sense to me know. I didn't know Buffalo had alot of catfish. It is attatched to the crow though. Sounds fun I will have to try it sometime. Since thats about all Buffalo will be worth. It's got big eyes in it if you can find them. Sure was crappy last year though.

Blackbas, the walleyes for have been going while crappie fishing. If you don't mind catching 9 inch eyes, the litle bait stealer. I had only heard of a handfull of guys that caught good size walleyes during ice period. Maybe have to give the lake about 2 to 3 years and it could be one of best lakes in wright cty.