Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lew

Smallie Habitat?

4 posts in this topic

I think I ask this question every year or so. Has anyone located smallmouth bass action in the surrounding Mankato Area? Some time ago I had read that there may be smallies below the Rapidan Dam. Has anyone verified these stories?

I used to fish Rapidan spring and fall quite often. Out of the 100 or so trips there I caught 2 smallies.

There may be a few around, but not enough to shoot for. There are a few in the Cannon river system (Lake Tetonka), but again - not enough to try to pattern.

if you wan't to target smallies in a small stream the straight from faribault to owatonna is loaded was just there yesterday fishing for white bass and landed four in about a half hour biggest was about 15" but had one jump 3 times that i lost that was in the 18" range funny part is that i grew up on the banks of this river and fished it freqently, till i was about 20 years old and until about 2-3 years ago they where non exsistant

Thanks for the update guys. Good Luck to you this season.