Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IAHawkeye

Few June Questions 16-23

7 posts in this topic

First off want to say hi this site is very good ive been reading a lot of the old posts good way to get some information. I was just wondering what your guys favorite lure choices are for this time of year so i can start loading up the tackel box. We'll be fishing walleyes first, then go after some snakes. Last time i was at Winne i still used a Snoopy pole but remember catching huge panfish. Staying at Williams Narrows if you want to include your favorite spots on the water for this time of year i wont mind wink.gif I was also wondering how hard is it to find the mid lake humps?

you could be rigging the humps and bars or jigging them with a shiners if there is some left or there will be some fish at the emerging weeds but I htink your best bet will be minnows or leeches out deep

Jason

Lots depends on the weather and water temps, if there still hitting jigs try these along the weed edges

http://www.northlandtackle.com/Category/main.taf?cat=59

Rainbow, Parrot, Bubblegum, Watermelon, and Parakeet all work. Day to day they may prefer one over the other so carry some of each with you if one dosen't do the trick switch colors

One more question when you said rigging. Do you use spinners? if so what color n kind of blades snell length? Or just plain hook? W/ or W/O a bead? how long of snell?

Hawkeye I will be at Williams Narrows (cabin #4) the previous week. They will have a guide speak on Sunday night this is very valueable info. If you want to shoot me an e-mail I will give you a # I can be reached at. After a week I should be able to help you out.

TCroz

tcrosby84@hotmail.com

I'm staying at the Winnie Dam Federal campground on June 14th to the 16th. I haven't fished Winnie since I was about 10 years old, so I'm really looking forward to it.

mostly a snell and maybe a bead snell lengths vary depending on the day

Jason