Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trout Guy

Whitewater State Park

6 posts in this topic

I am going camping at whitewater state park and am wondering where to go in the park for trout. Also what hatches would be going on? And what flies should I bring?

Not sure on the hatches or flies to bring, but there are some really good areas if you go in past the gift shop. Head in past there about a 1/4 mile and there is an area to park and just head down stream. There is a bunch of areas in that direction that I have done well in the past, also make sure you bring waders, as you may have to cross the river a few times to get to some of the better areas.

Thanks for the info!!!

Trout Guy, when are you planning on visiting?

The main office there in Whitewater State Park will have a map book of trout streams, and the park itself along with areas very close is full of good fishing.

This weekend. Leaving Friday.

There should be some caddis, but that hatch peaked a couple weeks ago. For flies, caddis dries size 14-18, caddis larvae size 16, pheasant tail nymphs size 14-18, prince nymphs size 12-14, orange/tan scuds 12-14, and it's always good to have some bwo's handy just in case.

Good luck!