• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just got off the lake, thought I would report that the bluegills are in shallow, kids hammered them on Gulp maggots.

I was tossing a Slurpie tube looking for a crappie and wound up tangling with two northerns. As usual for the first run of the season not everything went smoothly - even though I had started the motor on muffs in the driveway, it flooded and wouldn't start. Used the trolling motor to cruise down the shore. When we were done it did start, so we took a turn around the lake to let it run some. Other than that, it was a lot of fun, got to use the new aquaview too, lots of fun to watch the couple hundred sunfish swim around the boat - that was as much fun as catching them!

Good luck this weekend. Oh by the way, we were on Donald Lake just south of Ottertail.

Good job mnmarlin! Were you using flu-flu's tipped with Gulp maggots or ice fishing tackle with the Gulp?

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Flu flu's, really just small jigs, maybe 1/64th oz. Anything bigger and they would just peck at the gulp. Later in the summer when the water is warmer we have used just a small hook and the gulp maggots. The gulp is much better than worms, lasts 10 times as long so I even get to fish for a few seconds between taking fish off for the kids!