Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Who's Ready?

Drake    33
Drake

Finally about done with all the springtime cleanup and maintenance so time to get the cover off the boat and get ready to hit the water. It's been pretty windy up in this neck of the woods the past couple of days, but have still had some anglers hitting some small lakes and reeling in some panfish.

Drove around to several of the lakes in the area and the docks are out on the lakes, and looks like it's all ready. As of right now, Blackduck River is still closed for the walleye spawn, but talked to a fisheries rep Friday night and he said that they would be checking it this Tuesday or Wednesday, but anticipate that it will be open for fishing by opener..but the water levels are down.

But we're ready to get fishing, and hope to try a couple of lakes in the area that we haven't had the chance to spend much time on. Got some great temps forecasted for this week, highs around 80 Tuesday through Thursday, so hopefully will be able to hit the open water for some panfishing.

Who's had a chance to get out lately, and is everyone all set to hit their favorite lake on opener? Forecast is showing partly sunny and a high of 65-70 for opening day...an opener without rain?? Good luck to all!

fivebucks    11
fivebucks

I'll be on Island Lake again this year. Got the dock and boat lift in last weekend and looking forward to opener weekend. The lake is as low as I've seen in this time of year. Sure could use about a foot of rain, just not this weekend. Good luck to everyone!

woodman    0
woodman

We will be on the duck on Sunday after Mothers day lunch at the Country Side with Tiff and Mom and Dad and the kids. Can't wait to get into some of those hot spots and catch some eye's with the family! Carpet got put in the boat tonight, rods relined, and jigs getting organized. Fishing Fever is HERE! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

HERE FISHY FISHY!

Hopper    0
Hopper

Hey Drake, we are staying at your place Thursday night, before we head up to Westwind. Do you have any crappie lakes a guy could Thursday evening and Friday morning? We are looking to kill time on the water, before we head to Red Lake.

I have never fished your neck of the woods, except Big Red.

Thanks Hopper

skunked_again    0
skunked_again

Drake,

I was thinking about hitting up Blackduck on opening weekend to mix it up a bit. I am fishing Red, but have never fished Blackduck that early. How is it as an opener lake? I have had success at night on Blackduck in summer in the past, but haven't done much during the day??

Drake    33
Drake

Sorry for the delayed response folks...been doing the last minute stuff before opener. Obviously will be talkin to Hopper when he gets here. Skunked_again, Blackduck is typically very clear water on opener (haven't put the boat out there yet to see if it's the same again this year), and it's mixed results, with some saying it's the best fishing of the season and bringing back their limits of eyes and others just getting a couple, normally the better eye bite is the late afternoon to evening.

Blackduck is normally pretty packed on opening day, with the morning and afternoons having both lots full and parked down the road, but then clearing out late afternoon..which is typically when we hit it, or else on Sunday (quiets down).

We normally hit Blackduck later in the afternoon and fish until around dark, but as the summer progresses we actually do pretty decent in the daytime. (With the chores around here, we don't get a chance very often to hit the Duck early in the mornings, but there can be a pretty decent early morning bite frown.gif ) Try working the bars and points at first doing a slow drift going from 16' to 8' depths just to see where they are scanning, we do a lot of slow drifting with a spinner tipped with a minnow, but we do have a few folks that start out the season bobber fishing with a jig tipped with a leech, but have done better ourselves early with minnows. You may also find a couple of perch in the mix, as well as a few eater size pike in the mix.

Good luck to you...let us know how your opener weekend was..maybe we'll see you on the lake!

woodman    0
woodman

Work the bars and the drop off's along the shore lines. Don't be afraid to change your presentation alot. What is hot one day, may not be hot today. Slip Bobber is the way I fish Blackduck most of the time. When I find the fish I will drop the anchor and sit and relax. Shiners, both golden and spot tails are the bait of choice. Have some leeches along to test also. Sometimes a different bait will trigger them to bite. If you are getting lots of sucking walleye's downsize your jigs/hooks and you will increase your catch rate.

Good luck, and we will be seeing you on the lake! grin.gif

Indiana Mike    0
Indiana Mike

Best wishes to all on a successful opener. Sorry I can't join you but I'll be up in a few weeks so save a couple for me.

Regards,

Indiana Mike

Drake    33
Drake

Good luck to all...hope to see some good reports!

skunked_again    0
skunked_again

Hey guys, thanks for the advice! We made it out at midnight, and wow what a site...walleyes in the shallow clear water. Pretty cool. We cruised around for about an hour just looking at the fish, but made a half hearted attempt to actually get a line wet. Saturday we headed up to Red Lake, and boated about 90 walleyes in 9 hours. Sunday we were excited to go after those walleyes we saw in the shallows at Blackduck, but the wind was just too much for my girlfriend to handle so we packed it up after about an hour with no bites. We did see a few at the landing though so some people were catching fish, but it looked slow overall. All in all a very enjoyable weekend! Thanks again