Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

Pressure relief in 5 days

3 posts in this topic

The old river has had its share of fishing pressure the last 2 weeks and as of this Saturday there may be a little more room to roam.With the Mn opener kicking off the Croix gets a little rest and that makes it a little nicer for us rats to spread our rods out and relax.The bite has really picked up in the last week and many nice fish have been caught.I would prefer cloudy weekends over sunny,to hold down the big boat traffic but thats just a dream.Im gonna lay off the fishing for one more week to stock pile up on morel mushrooms so those of you who are still fishing the river,leave a couple for me ..........Good Luck Out There.........

I think I might hit the backwaters to avoid the crowds this saturday...there's a 10 pound northern with my name on it swimming around back there somewhere.

On friday afternoon I fished around afton and couldnt believe how dead the river was I could have counted on one hand the boats I saw in several hours.