• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thought I would make a new, official fun league thread. We can put results up and such once the season gets going.

May 20th, 5:30. BBQ at paradise park in Chisago for anyone who is interested. BYO meat and drink.

Here is the final schedule.

June 5 Green

June 12 Chisago

June 19 Big Marine

June 26 N/S Center

July 3 Forest

July 10 Chisago

July 17 Big marine

July 24 Green

July 31 N/S. Center

Aug. 7. Forest

Aug 14 Chisago

Aug 21 Big marine

*if I don’t have your email and you are interested please shoot me an email or post it. thanks*

burch- yeppers.. exactly what it means.. No moolah... just fer fun and to learn...

back to the top.

BBQ will be at paradise park on chisago lake. about 3/4-1miles south of the chisago landing (same road same side of road.

• 3 weeks later...

we had our first gathering last night at Green lake. It was a blast. We had 7 boats and everybody caught fish!

After the event, we all stood at the boat landing and explaied how each fish was caught. This is to help us each learn more about the lake and how to improve our angling skils. If anybody is interested in joining, we would always enjoy a few more boats to enjoy the time with us. This is all catch and release, a boat with a livewell is not needed.

Yep, It was great fun last night. Great group of guys and more would just make it more fun that is if last night could have been more fun. I may even have to go out and get some new baits to try for my self. The best part was standing around talking about our night on the water. Can't wait for next week. Deitz or Dan maybe we could get a list of phone numbers together so we could contact each other if someone needs a boat seat or something? Will great night see you next Tuesday.

Deleted.....I see the list at the top now.

Do all the events start at 5:30pm?

Thanks!

yep.. but if your late feel free to dump your boat in and start fishin. Just meet us back at the landing at 8:30

FL sniper, are you on the email list, if not could i have your emial?

I had a lot of fun on tuesday and i think the purpose of the league is right on track, lets keep it up.

It was a blast. I am looking forward to learning each week how to catch more fish. I hope that this league grows as it could be even more fun and education with more boats. I think we have a great group of guys that have a lot of knowlege to spread amongst everyone. I am looking forward to Chisago as I know a little more about Bass in Chisago than I did about Green. I am going to get my wife out with me next week Should be fun. She may spend more time reading her book and telling me what I am doing wrong grin.gif than casting for big daddy bass. see you all soon.

Hey guys,

It looks like fun. Would it be OK to just show up on the nights I can make it? Unfortunately Tuesday night is LARA baseball night until mid-July.

Thanks

Yeap just show up at the landings around 5:30 if you can make it.

Hey guys, I just thought I'd say it was a pleasure meeting you all last evening! I really had alot of fun out there! Deitz, your right tail light is out. I learned alot afterwards, truly a fun league.

Tunrevir~

OK, thank you. One last thing- is it one person, two person, or does it matter? I know it's informal, but I don't want to show up with two when you're all alone in the boat! One of these Tuesday nights, the pain is coming! That's OK, I'm used to it. grin.gif Thanks again.

PS- I'd love to hit the St. Croix upper one night too. Smallies are my favorite, but I've only had luck there in the fall. Heading to Green in Kandiyohi this weekend and bringing a sling for my arm!

Can- either one or 2 people per boat.. Most are trying to find partners.. but many have fished alone as well.

I would like to make it to as many tuesday nights as possible. My e mail address is: [email protected]

Dietz, you helped me out last year with some information about Big Marine...thanks again...I look forward to meeting you in person!

-Dave J.

Davey- I look forward to meeting you too... Hope to see you tomorrow evening! Meet at the North Landing before 5:30.. I'll bring an extra score sheet for you.

I am planning on getting there tomorrow...I am, however a bit dependent on my buddy's ability to go...my boat is in the shop and I/we need to use his boat.

See you tomorrow.

Well...my boat is still in the shop (piece of junk) and my buddy can't go...so I drove to Spooner, WI today to get my dad's little boa†...so I will be there...looking forward to it!!!

Well Gentlemen,

I don't know if I am going to make it tonight. It is looking like I might be stuck at work later today than I would like. I am hoping to make it. Dave, If I can make it and on time I will have an open seat in my boat (1850 Crestliner Sportfish). We can play it by ear. If I make it you can jump in with me!

2Fish- I just sent you an e-mail.. We are not on Chisago tonight, but Big Marine as others have stated.

I know our leader Dan said he will not be there tonight. Myself and Jeff will be there as ususal. And I got an e-mail from a new guy who also said he will be fishing alone. He goes by Ham on the boards here.

Should be tough fishing tonight.., High pressure, cold front and this durn blasted wind!!! yuck! Be willing to bet that nobody will be over 70" tonight.

It is official. I will not be able to make it tonght. Dang work. I will see you all next week. Have a good evening on the lake.

So, ah, now I am curious. How'd it go last night? Anyone go over 80"? Tough conditions to say the least. How'd it go last night?

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

tun- it was interesting to say the least.. we went to Big Marine, but the Wanna Be Bassers, a pretty large club(if I had to guess about 40 boats) was fishing there, we made a decision to go to a different lake.. We choose Bone... So, we made a small parade to Bone.. Got there, and everybody who was going to fish Big Marine and saw it full went there... Only 3 parking spots left at that landing... Another meeting.. and we went to Green...Winds were tough, there was a big tournament out there this last weekend.. conditions were tough.. Winning length was 68" I think.

Deitz,

Turns out most of those boats were a Rainbow Foods outing. Tell you about it next time I see ya. We ended up at S. Center. Maybe next week at......

rascal

Deitz, thanks for the reply, sounds like the lakes are seeing a fair amount of pressure on Tuesday evenings. Hoping to maybe sneak out again with you guys after t-ball is over.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif