Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Norco

Electronics for my boat

Norco

Hi Guys,

I bought myself a 1800 Fisherman last year, it was a used boat everything was top notch except for the electronics. I was at my first tournanment last week and noticed how low end my stuff was (eagle Fishmark 320 and some older Hummingbird)

So I think I might buy a new finder as my main and put the Fishmark up front on the trolling motor. I guess my question is what is the best finder for the money right now?? Im not concerned about having to own the latest Lowrance or side imaging unit and am looking to spend around $700 canadian dollars. I do want a color unit.

Cheers!!

SWMuskeye

If I were you, I'd get a Lowrance M68C S/Map Color Fishfinder/GPS. Its about $400 US, compact design, color, and has GPS. Overall good resolution and a good price. Good luck.

Ralph Wiggum

Do you want strictly a sonar or a sonar/GPS combo?

In my opinion, I would not get an M68c. The M68c does not take map chips, so the GPS is fairly useless on the water. I would see if you can find a Lowrance LMS332c or LMS334c leftover that you can get for a deal. Otherwise, the new version (LMS522c, I think) would probably even fit in your budget.

Norco

I have a good GPS unit on the boat so I dont really need a combo butI will check into that unit guys thanks.

What do you guys think about the Eagle Fishmark 640 C??

Hookmaster

Take a look at the Humminbird 777c2. 640 vertical pixels, color unit and 4000 watts of power. I got one mid-season last year and it is very nice.

Walleyes4Matt

I agree with Ralph, go with the Lms 334c/552c or an external gps model by Lowrance. The new Eagle depthfinders would be a good choice too. They can take both Lakemaster or Navionics chips.

Ralph Wiggum

If you're just looking for a sonar, you should be able to find a really nice unit within your budget. I'm not sure on speficic models, but Lowrance makes a nice unit.