Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

Mille Regs

11 posts in this topic

Hey what are the regs for opener. 4 under 20" or 4 under 22"? Is it the same as this last winter or did it change? Thanks

Pretty sure it starts @ 20" again this year and will move to 22" later. I haven't seen anything from DNR regarding changes, just what I've heard.

Same as last year (4) under 20" (1) 28 or bigger. (please release these ) and get a graphite replica made.

As always, rodmaker is right on....especially on releasing the big ones.

Walleye

The walleye opener is May 12, 2007. May 12 - July 14... Release immediately all walleye 20.0" through 28.0" July 15 - November 30... Release immediately all walleye 22.0" through 28.0" December 1 - February 24

2008... Release immediately all walleye 20.0" through 28.0" Possession limit is 4, with not more than 1 over 28.0"

No one may fish for any species or possess fishing gear on the lake from 10 p.m.-6 a.m. starting at 10 p.m. on May 14 and ending at 12:01 a.m. on June 11.

Good Luck!! smile.gif

that should clear up any confusion!

would like confirmation here...That you can be on the lake before midnight, but just not fishing until midnight? Is that correct?

good question, buddy and I debated on that one; no one bothered to find out exactly who was right. Any on know the official answer.

For opener, you can be on the lake before 12am, but if you are caught fishing before 12am for walleyes you will be facing some serious trouble. Technically you could be fishing for crappies and perch, but I wouldn't push your luck.

And just a reminder for everyone, the driver of the boat still has to be under the legal limit for alcohol. You don't need that kind of trouble on the lake either. You can still get a DWI on the lake. Beware of the launches too, the driver of the boat and the truck both need to be able to pass a sobriety test if both engines are running. Just be careful.

Is it true that the night time speed limit at night is 20 MPH on all lakes?

TrophyEyes is correct. You can be on the lake before midnight, but do not fish. Don't "push it" saying your'e fishing Crappies or Perch and youre' using minnows.

On some lakes there is a speed restriction. But I don't believe there is one on Mille lacs.