• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to LOTW May 31st.

This will be my first time fishing LOTW. We will be staying at Long Point Resort. I have read on this forum that some of you guys and gals use frozen shiners with a jig. Is that the way we should try or do you have any other ideas to help me out?

Thanks

Jig and a Shiner is always a good bet early in the season. By the end of May lots of techniques can work really well though, as well as all the standard bait types. Jigs, cranks, rigs and spinners should all be able to catch em at that time so bring the whole tackle bag and have yourself crawlers, leeches and a selection of minnows!!!

fiskyknut

Well, that narrows it down to about everything.jk. Thanks for the advice. We usually go to Canada but this year we thought we would try something new. I totaled my boat last year in Canada (hard water up there). We mostly used jig and minnow there but never frozen minnows. Is there good fishing close to Long Point?

Yepper the LP area has some darn good spots for you to fish. Rock piles and sand/rubble shoreline. You should have no problemo catching fish as long as the weather/wind cooperate!

Fisky