• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can anyone verify what I heard over the weekend. A local resident said right after the ice went out in Black Bay that large numbers of crappies were floating. The eagles were all over the bay cleaning things up. With the bay being shallow and water levels low I am not suprised.

Has the bay ever froze out before? I don't expect it to hurt the walleye fishing as a large number of the fish migrate into the bay to spawn. I don't know if the crappies are as migratory?

Good luck this coming weekend.

Steve

Sorgy,

Didn't see any Crappies floating, as soon as the ice was out there was a lot of wild life activity, but thats normal. As far as freeze out, NOT, I suppose some where in history it may have froze out.

As for the Crappies, limited out last week, slabos, 11 1/2 - 13", 3 -4 fow. As soon as the weather changed with a low coming in they left. With the wearther so spuratic, they are all over the place.

Backwoods

Backwoods,

Great news!!! I was afraid that the bay may have taken a hit. I usually try to get in and fish the crappies before opener. It has been tough the last few years to get up before opener. The early crappies have been great fun over the years.

Steve