Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzbunni

Train Wreck

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any information about the 5 (or more!) rail cars that are in the water upstream of the RR trestle in Carver?

The FishinLogician and I went out last evening for a night of not catching any fish, and at the smaller RR bridge upriver from the trestle, well, it was carnage.

There is bent steel, railroad cars, steel wheels, and wood all over the busted bridge area, and 4-5 cars tipped on the embankment and or in the water. According to the sonar, there is at least one car completely under water. I'm telling you, it's quite a site, and must have been a pretty violent moment. Anyhow, I hadn't seen any posts on this so I'm not sure anyone was aware.

Cant tell ya much but it was on the news and in papers a while back! do a search in the pioneerPress.

Quote:

Does anyone have any information about the 5 (or more!) rail cars that are in the water upstream of the RR trestle in Carver?

The FishinLogician and I went out last evening for a night of not catching any fish, and at the smaller RR bridge upriver from the trestle, well, it was carnage.

There is bent steel, railroad cars, steel wheels, and wood all over the busted bridge area, and 4-5 cars tipped on the embankment and or in the water. According to the sonar, there is at least one car completely under water. I'm telling you, it's quite a site, and must have been a pretty violent moment. Anyhow, I hadn't seen any posts on this so I'm not sure anyone was aware.

lol, yeah I was aware of it and I really was hoping this would be kept under wraps. I don't call it a train wreck....I call it "new structure" wink.gif

Anyways, I heard that a load of sugar was making it's way from the sugar plant and the bridge collapsed under it...cars and sugar everywhere. Might have to eat a couple of channels and see if they taste sweet.

Quote:

Might have to eat a couple of channels and see if they taste sweet.

Ewww candied catfish. laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Might have to eat a couple of channels and see if they taste sweet.

Ewww candied catfish. laugh.gif

No NO..... Cotten Candied Catfish......... MMMM

the other Sweet white meat.

laugh.giflaugh.gif