Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brittman

Turkey Scoring - NWTF Official Registration Process

3 posts in this topic

Whether successful in 2007 or not - If you are not a National Wild Turkey Federation member - I suggest you join.

NWTF has been very active in MN helping the DNR expanding the range of turkeys north and west. cool.gif

Turkey scores are fun, but I would say it does not fall into the same level as B&C scoring of antlers.

The NWTF does register turkey scores, but it is also an income generator. I believe many hunters use it to document their SLAMS (eastern, merriam, rio, osceolla).

Here is the process from NWTF:

No time limitation is placed on registering a bird as long as the hunter can provide proper documentation and signatures to meet registration requirements.

Both the hunter and the primary witness must be, or must become, a current NWTF member in order to register the bird.

The cost to register each bird is $10. The cost of membership is as follows: $30 per year for Regular members, $25 per year for Wheelin' Sportsman members, or $25 per year for Women In the Outdoors members. One check may be written for turkey registration and membership fee.

Step 1: Download the NWTF Wild Turkey Records Official Registration Form.

Step 2: Completely fill out the form, provide proper attachments (if needed) and obtain proper signatures (see form for details).

Step 3: Mail registration form and attachments (if needed) to:

The National Wild Turkey Federation

Attn: Wild Turkey Records

P.O. Box 530

Edgefield, SC 29824

Note there is no time limit. If you write down the information, take some good pictures - you can register the turkey when ever you want.

I have registered turkeys and it is a very easy process. You will see where your bird ranks if its a biggy.

Just curious,are there any nwtf groups in carver or wright county?Are should I join online? thx.