Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

May 5 & 6th

11 posts in this topic

Took A guy fishing this morning and we caught alot of fish but not the right species, Ended up bringing three nice size eyes home for a meal. Caught a couple decent smallies and a few good size stripers which were returned. I think I should fish for sheephead cause I'm quite the sheep-herder didn't seem to have a problem boating them, sure is fun though! I'll be on the water tomorrow morning by 4ish gotta see the sun rise, hopefully!! cool.gif

Went out on Sat with my father from 6am-12pm. Concentrated on the Kinni area. Got 2 legal walleyes and some other rough fish. Was pretty slow out there and too many boats fishing the same areas. Saw the Griz working the same pattern for awhile. Saw a decent amount of fish caught but nothing special. More legals than shorts seem to be caught. Weather was great. Heard there was a terrible amount of boats up by 94.

Fished from 5-8 this evening, hit a couple spots and had them all to myself. Released two nice ones on one spot, a 22" and a 26", both came on leeches in 28' of water off a steep sand break. Had a couple of short bites on the jig and leech, and that was it. The wind made it a tad difficult to hold on the spot though! Can't wait to hit it again.

Launched from the bluffs at about 6 am saturday. fished the prescott area til about 10 boated 5 eyes and 5 smallies. one keeper eye the others were all around 14.5". saw a lot of small one being caught but not to many keepers. They didn't want anything to do with the minnows I had. All were caught on crawlers. Can't wait to get out again.

Quote:

Launched from the bluffs at about 6 am saturday. fished the prescott area til about 10 boated 5 eyes and 5 smallies. one keeper eye the others were all around 14.5". saw a lot of small one being caught but not to many keepers. They didn't want anything to do with the minnows I had. All were caught on crawlers. Can't wait to get out again.

I had a similar outing as well... I boated many walleyes on crawlers and leeches and also lauched from BLuff...

Got to the river around 4:30, battled the wind for 8 hours and just couldn't get that final legal fish, sure caught a bunch of thou, fished the same area the whole time croix/miss connection, seen quite a few decent ones caught in the area, seemed every boat out there caught at least one eye/sauger. Had alot of fun, caught a mix bag and tried just about everything to get number six but the eyes kept coming up short, nice to see the short ones though. I won't make it out next weekend at least not down to the croix, I'm taking a friend out on sugar lake, he lives on the lake but hasn't caught any eyes there, but there in there and I hope and pray we find them. First time fishing eyes there should be interesting!! cool.gif

Were you using the red tails? What bait shops carry them?

No redtails this weekend, yesterday dozen shinners 2 scoops of fatties and some crawlers only had 4 minnows left, today 2 scoops of fatties and some crawlers, good times!! good times!! cool.gif ( Vados bait Spring lake park has redtails)

Got 11 eyes on sat. 7 legals, 3 were males that still hadn't spawned, minnows and cranks. Found them and then jiged em.

Tried drop shot technique and first fish I pulled was a near 14" crappie. I'd thought that I'd might be able to get some more crappies, but it turned out to be a loner.

Hit a few walleyes - aquarium size keepers...

Lazy bottom lindy rig worm and got shiny golden suckers...and one sheepshead.

Got two white bass.

went out sunday morning and landed our first eye within 15 minutes. Thought it might be a good day on the water but then the wind picked up. We worked real hard and found two eyes all day and a number of sheepheadds and a smallie. The wind was brutal. Made the trek from Stillwater to the Kinnie and didn't get a bite. Fished the hudson area and then headed back north of stillwater for a while. Waves were huge coming into Stillwater as the wind tunneled up the river. Going 40mph+ and could still feel the wind at my back. Nice to be out on the water. A little sore today from batteling the waves.