Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rozman

Crankbaits

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering, when out trolling and or casting crankbaits how much time do you give, when things are slow, before you tie on another? Have any of you ever tried a dozen or so differnt lures in one day on the water? I am just curious, I think at times I stick with certain lures for to long before moving onto something else. Thanks

When casting, I switch cranks every 5 - 10 minutes until I make contact. When trolling, I give myself a little more time as far as switching lures but rather play around with how much line I let out.

Otter, do you tie on directly to the lure or use a snaploc to exepedite the lure change? Thanks

Berkley Cross-Loks for me.

A #1 or #2. cross lock. If there are two people in the boat start with one dark color crankbait and one light colored. If and when you make contact switch the other to that color but maybe a differant type crankbait. Keep doing this and you will find what they want. Make sure that all the bait will run at same depth your fishing.

Good call Muddog, I actually just pulled out my precision trolling book and checked out the running depth of the majority of my lures. Marked each lure in red perm marker as to the running depth. Thanks