Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seaner

water levels

11 posts in this topic

hows it looking for the last week in may? ive been up there where the water has been so low we couldnt get to the docks,and so high the docks were under.

I am assuming its going to be a low water year, but how low??

seaner,

I just got home from Kab. I was up helping my mother in law with some chores. I put my boat in the water...it was tight but it is in and tied to the inside of the outer dock. Many docks are high and dry but these are the private ones that only stick out from shore 20-30 ft. I think at this time last year it was about a foot deeper than it is now. What we need is some rain.

Most resorts on Kab have crib style docks that are still 5-6ft out of the water. A few resorts have large floating dock systems that go up and down with the water level. Even when the water level is low you can still dock a large quantity of boats. Have a great opener guys!!

Overdalimit... How are Sam and Joan doing?? Got an email from them today... I was asking them if we were gonna need a ladder to get into our boats from the dock. smile.gif Hopefully you get some rain up there soon... We will be up once again this year from May 18 - 22nd... We are looking forward to it as usual... Will you be around during those dates??? I would like to introduce myself if you are...

Sam will be up on wednesday. Joan is her same old self (full of energy with too much to do and not enough time to do it) wink.gif. All the cabins are ready for opener. Water is up over the end of the ramp now coming up an inch or so a day. I put my TYEE in on sat, I must admit it was a little interesting but it was not too bad. There have been a lot of changes/improvements to the place. Rick O. and Joan's brother took down some questionable trees and built a driveway down to cabin 1 (that is the big cabin behind the office). 1, 2, and 4 all have new decks as well as a new (used) cabin at the top of the hill by the garage. I will be up most weekends so I will catch you either coming or going.

overdalimit

Overdalimit... That sounds just like Joan... She is always on the move!

So we shouldnt have any problem putting the boat in right there then i take it...

We will be in cabin #3 just like every year...I will look for your posting about opener... Good luck to ya and maybe we will see you there....

A.J.

Is the resort sam and joan have pine tree cove? i beleive that is where we stay memorial week, we have been coming there for a few years now. There will be about 17 of us this year. cant wait!!

I just backed my trailer off the ramp and let it sink in the muck and then pushed the boat off and Joan sat on the outside dock and caught it. Pulling it out would be a little harder with the level of the water right now but given some more time it will be coming up at about an inch per day. Just plan on taking turns cranking the winch when loading would be the worst case scenario. Outside dock in front of 3 is completely open for guest boats this season. Just remember low water level years are very good for walleye reproduction. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

overdalimit

I'll have to warn her! You must be renting a couple of cabin's at least, eh? Maybe you can play Sam at cribbage for the bill? Best two out of three? I will be posting our fishing results after opener. I am trying some new (to me) spots this year that are out of the ordinary. I may get skunked but I just hate crowds.

yeah sounds like we got 2 cabins. My grandpa usually goes at it with Sam on the cribbage, back and forth. good luck on opener!