Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frabillfisher

reports on carp movement....

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering any of you fellow fishermen have been seeing any carp working up into the shallows yet? Name of the lakes you saw them at? Or just when you saw them?Anything will help.

Anyone?? they should be in the shallows real soon if not already...i know you see them when your crappie fishing come on!anywhere anytime let me know..

Last week I saw a bunch of carp in the channel that links Big Detroit to Muskrat, averages about 3 fow the whole way...Also saw 3 muskies, 2 were probably in the 30's and one must've been mid 40's, very interesting place to cruise through. I have a 17 ft lund angler with a 115 yamaha and had no problem making it through the culverts. The carp were in schools of about 30 to 50 stacked up on both sides of the culverts.

So does that mean there are decent carp numbers in Big Detroit? what about Buffalo?

Not sure about buffalo, but from what I saw in that channel I would say there are quite a few in Detroit. That is a fairly long channel and you have to cross through 2 culverts, one under W shore dr. and the other is hwy 59. If i were interested in carp shoosting that would be a fun place to go with the shallow, clear water.

After looking at the map I guess it would be conisdered Little detroit that the channel runs out of.

are you sure they weren't white suckers?

Last I checked there weren't any carp or buffalo in the Pelican River watershed above Buck's Mill.

I certainly would see the carp in my backyard if carp were in detroit. and I wouldn't have driven to Fergus today to catch them if I could get them in my backard tongue.gifwink.gif

They may have been white suckers. once I saw them I just figured they were carp. I'd say they were about 2-3 lbs and did appear to be a little thicker than the average white sucker but if there aren't any carp in them waters then it probably was a sucker of some sort. Sorry for the misinformation.