• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mom and Pop resort

I am looking for a mom and pop style resort for July or August. It will be just my girlfreind and I and we are looking for something nice but affordable. She will fish for a while but, we will most likely be golfing, and checking out the local attractions and shopping areas as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Gravelle, every resort on Kab @ Ash River is family owned, some from generation to generation. Many have lodges, bars, restraunts, many have nothing but peace and tranquility with cabins only and etc. The Kabetogama, and or Ash River tourism bureau and the Resort Locator above to see what resorts offer, price ranges and in most cases take a virtual tour. god luck, guts

Gravelle, thier are lots of great resorts on Kab and on the Ash River. Check out the resort that sponsors the forum. Nice place!! Good luck and enjoy your trip to beutiful Voyageurs National Park. laugh.gif

Gravelle, I would recommend Birch Grove as a classic M&P resort. Elaine is a fine host.

Gravelle, once again, I will point out that Kabetogama and Ash River for the most part are all Ma & Pa type operations. Look at the Resort locator above for those areas and see what amenities you want, zero in on a few resorts and check out there websites from the Resort Locator link above and take a virtual tour.

Some of the resorts have great dock locations you can fish from or watch beautiful sunups and sundowns, some have great harbors to protect your boat, and etc.

Those months can be quite warm and buggy, some cabins have A/C and or ceiling fans, some have nice screened in porches and so forth. It is important to us up here that you have an enjoyable vacation so you return many times, good luck, guts

Scott's Peacefull Valley Resort in Crane Lake is definetly ma and pa type and defintely within a reasonable price range. Buyck is also 11 miles away from Crane Lake and has a 9 hole golf course.

I concur with Guts, I've stayed at a couple on the kab and prefer the one I'm at now, but the Kab tourism web site list them on on ash river and kab. Finding a good mom and pop will be no problem, your shopping will be for the price you want and what ammenities you need.

The "Villas" at Harmony Beach Resort are top notch. Took the wife last year and she loved it. Fireplace, gas grill, A/C, Queen bed, spotless, service 2nd to none...my 6th year at this resort and can't wait

I would say Fronteir Resort on the ash river, very freindly place and fun/interesting people. If you call tell them Big Jeff sent ya. It is family owned and operated and if you want a place where you will be taken care of like family. The are also very reasonable with cost and they have great food at the resort. Good breakfast and bloodies!!!