Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jabug

potato lake advice

4 posts in this topic

grew up in nevis but never fished this lake i am coming up for opener and was going to give it a try two questions for you who know the lake is it easy to land a big boat and what is the best thing to try for walleyes not looking for specific spots just general idea of what to try and were thanks

How big of a boat? The landings should be good enough for any normal fishing boat, heck there was a 40 foot houseboat 'thing' on it a couple years ago. Be careful of the sandbar that stretches across the west arm, and the various rockpiles. When the water is low like it probably is you can damage a prop pretty easy. And they really aren't marked well on any map I have found. Lindy rigs always work well, and jigs will work as well. You will know where most of the spots are because boats will be all over them. Look at a map and find the small humps they are all over the lake, try those and the area just east of the sandbar is good also. Good luck, I won't be up there for the first time in ten years but there are some nice 'eyes in there.

thanks for the advice 20' skeeter sounds like it shouldn't be a problem getting in

No problem at all.