Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hibbing

Sturgeon Tag!

4 posts in this topic

I was fishing on LOW on Monday afternoon and caught a 39"er by the truck in 4 mile bay. It had a DNR tag, so I wrote down the number and released the fish. almost exactly 24 hours later, I caught the SAME fish in front of Riverbend Resort! What are the odds of that happening!

holy moly!....amazing!...needle in a hay stack thing! grin.gif

Thats nuts! We had one jump next to the boat, right by my line. It managed to wrap my line around its nose and I got it into the boat.

It kind of makes you wonder, are there huge numbers of fish or do they just bite several times a day? or both blush.gif

About three years ago I was tagging sturgeon for the DNR. We caught a 47 incher at 9AM and I tagged it. At 5PM we caught the same fish in the exact same place. We never moved.

I'm pretty sure I've got the same fish multiple times in the same hole in the same day by the markings, mostly smaller fish.

Good thing for catch and release especially for fish that can be caught more that once. One wonders how many times some of these fish are actully caught in a year?