Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigtoe

Great Music at Voyagaire Lodge on 5/25

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone...I know this is a fishing post, but I want to let everyone know about a fun annual party at Voyagaire lodge every year on Friday of Memorial Weekend. Since 1993 we've been a bunch of professional singer/songwriter guitar guys who come up for our annual houseboat trip and play a group gig at the bar at Voyagaire from about 8-1 a.m. It's all acoustic guitars, a bass, congas, and guys rotating in and out to sing just about every american acoustic classic you can think of. It brings out a whole bunch of locals, some guides, and is just a great time all the way around. Then we leave in the morning and find a houseboat site and fish and play music around a fire all weekend long.

Come on over and have a beer with us!

I will be up with my Cousin (who has never been north of Walker) a couple days before this, we might just have to stop in since we'll be camping Tues-Mon.

Ive heard you guys a few times. You've played every year for a few years now right? pretty good stuff! I hear you need a little assistance with the fishing skills though. Your group brings up a lot of cream of mushroom soup and corn i assume? hahaha! Hi Glen. See you up there memorial weekend Friday. Cant wait.

advertising ???????

Hey Bigtoe do Bill & Deanna C. still own it?

I still have dreams about the Nahanni IV in the williams narrow.

Jim and Gretchen Janssen own it now and have for 6 or 7 years.

Quote:

Jim and Gretchen Janssen own it now and have for 6 or 7 years.

Thanks.You work for them Dockboy?

Crappie Keith,

Dockboy got out to fish on the opener so my guess is he is either retired or works in a profession other than the hospitality industry grin.gif !

Hey Crappie Kieth...will Memorial Day be too late for the crappie bite? Jim at Voyagaire said they've been hot lately, and we're hoping to catch the tail end of the shallow bite. We've been going up there and renting a houseboat for 17 years on memorial Day weekend and never fished crappies...we figured this year we'll give them a go.

I've heard Grassy Bay can be good.

I think Bill And Deanna bought another resort, a Ma & Pa place. There's a link from the Voyagaire Houseboat website to some cabins, and it brings you to their rentals.

BT (Big Toe)

I'm thinking with the cold front that came through it'll have pushed the spawn out a bit so you should have time to get into them as it will warm back up.Those crappies sure do react to a cold front in that shallow water.

Thanks for the tip on Bill & Deanna!

They really took care of me when I worked that 1 spring for them.

Be sure to hit the gorge around the corner from the lodge.

I've had walleyes near sprain a wrist in there.

Thanks Keith! We'll give the crappies a go and see what happens. I doubt we'll get to the gorge as we like to bring the houseboat up to the Namakan Narrows and get away from the crowds. The Narrows can be good in spring, as can the cluster of Islands west of the entrance to the narrows on Namakan. I want to fish Grassy for Crappies, too, and David lake for bass, and...oh, well, we only get three days on the water. But I'll be back up in June with my son.

Listen for the sounds of guitars and laughter on Sand Point North Island!

Big Toe (Glen)