• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cass Lake First Timer

I'm going up to cass for the first time memorial weekend. I'm just looking to get some basic info on the fishing up there...walleyes, perch, pike. Is there any bass fishing to speak of?

JB,

Cass is a great lake... But there is a TON of structure in there... A good idea is depending on how long you are here for is getting a guide to take you out on one of the first days of your trip here. There are a few guides here on the big water and everyone of them has a good service going...

As for trying it on your own... That time of year can be tough or excellent... Depending on water temps and boat traffic will determine where you will be able to fish... The shoreline structure is a good start and try Shiners or Leeches to start... I go to crawlers soon around that date...

Hope this helps a little...

Beef

Fathead Guide Service

Any info is better than nothing. I'll have the works as far as bait goes...leeches, crawlers, crappie minnows, rainbow chubs. I'm never without options. I have all the tackle I'll need, my only concern is that I'm by far more of a bass/pike fisherman as opposed to walleye. So I'm just hoping that I'll have some other choices if the walleyes aren't cooperating.

Plenty of other options. Pike and Bass are plentiful in the area. Head up to andrusia or kitchi for pike.

You will find something that is biting.

I am a leech guy but this early a shiner and jig is also a decent choice. smile.gif